Manorhamilton Rangers AFC

Founded 1980

Co. Leitrim

Manor march on in Super League

Download our mobile app to hear more about Manorhamilton Rangers AFC.

See More

Manorhamilton Rangers faced Aughanagh Celtic in the Sligo Leitrim Super League at Ballinafad this morning on a glorious morning for football. Manor fielded a very youthful team with a number of players missing through injury or suspension. Manor dominated the game with Cathal O'Connell simply majestic in the middle of the park.

Manor had chances early on with Seamus Ryder and James Clinton forcing good saves from the Aughanagh keeper. Pau scanlon made a point blank save to deny Aughanagh from a corner. Manor piled on the pressure but were caught with a sucker punch totally against the run of play with Aughanagh finding the net for a 1/0.

Manor to their credit never let up and created plenty of chances. Frustration crept into Manors play as they couldn't find the net. Manor got a deserved reward when a great ball from Seamus Ryder found Cathal O’Connell in spce. He hit a good shot which was parried by keeper into the path of James Clinton and he made no mistake as he rifled home for 1/1 on the stroke of halftime.

Manor started the second half much the same and dominated. A great breakout by Cathal OConnell found Seamus Ryder who rounded one defender and squared the ball into middle of the Aughanagh box. Patric Gilgunn vered in on goal and forced the error from an Aughanagh defender who turned the ball it into his own net to put Manor 2/1 ahead. Manor continued to attack and Brian McDonald forced two good saves from the Aughanagh keeper.

Despite Manors dominance they couldnt just put the game to bed and Aughanagh frustrated the North Leitrim side. Cathal O'Connell rounded off a great performance shooting to the net for 3/1 with eight minutes remaining. That should have seen Manor comfortably over the line but Aughanagh were awarded a controversial penalty by the referee with the referee adjudging Anthony McDonald to have deliberately have handled the ball. He missed the high foot which made contact with Jamie Cawleys eye in the build up. Aughanagh scored the penalty to bring it back to 3/2 with three minutes remaining. Aughanagh tried in vain to get the equaliser but Manor held out for all three points. The referee played six minutes of added time which bemused the Leitrim side.

Download ClubZap

Get live information for Club on the ClubZap App

App Store Google Play